Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Monday, March 23, 2015

Chatting it up with Cheryl Daniels

Currently one of the hottest books out is The Dating Game, The Dating Game is an anthology written by seventeen amazing new authors. A collection of short stories about finding Mr. Right.  I was able to sit down and interview a few of the authors. I hope after reading each interview, you'll purchase a copy or copies of The Dating Game. First up is Cheryl Daniels.


Briefly, introduce yourself to the readers.  
My name is Cheryl Ashford Daniels. I am a wife and mother of 4.
Please tell us what your story, A Beautiful Letter is all about? I love the title by the way.  
Thank you Yolanda. My story is about a widow who receives an invitation to go on a blind date. She decides to go, but once she gets to the arrangement place for the date, she’s given a letter from a very unlikely person that sends her on an emotional rollercoaster.

 Paperback: 334
Publisher: Brown Girls Books
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-1625176745

You’re at the night club with your date, what’s that one song that will get you up on the dance floor?  
Just Fine by Mary J. Blige
If your short story was turned into a made for TV movie, who would you want to play the roles? For the main character Elle, I’d like to see a friend of mine named Jasmine Campbell play her. She’s an unknown but is very talented. I believe in paying it forward. Ethan – I’d love to see Chris Hemsworth play Ethan. I love his work. Most times his characters are reserved, distant and intense just like Ethan. And he just looks great on the camera. Drew – Ian Somerhalder from the Vampire Diaries. He is funny, handsome and charismatic just like Drew.
Is this your first published work? No, it’s not. If no, please tell us your other works. Two years ago I published a novella called White Tulips, The Flower of Forgiveness, with a boutique publishing company. How does it feel to be a published author? This is going to sound bad coming from an author, but there’s not an accurate adjective in the dictionary. The feeling is indescribable, and I absolutely love it!
What are you currently reading?  
Right now, nothing. My last book was Reshonda Tate Billingsley’s What’s Done in the Dark. But I’m working on 3 novels right now, which is taking up a lot of my time.
Are you working on anything new?  
Yes, I’m working on a full length novel of A Beautiful Letter. Lots of readers have told me that they want to see that in a full novel. Also, I’m not a one genre author. I write romance, but also all subgenres. I’m working on a romantic suspense full length novel and also a romantic fantasy full length novel.
How can readers stay connected to you?  
My email is cheryladnls@aol.com 
Twitter - @cdlmo4

No comments:

Post a Comment