Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

An Afternoon With Ava O'Shay Part 2

Today is part 2 of my interview with author Ava O’Shay. I really enjoyed the conversation. I hope you’ll go out and purchase her books.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? I don’t think I really have one…except I have written three books on vacation while driving in the car.  Long road trips are great for writing.

What projects do you have lined up?Currently I am in edits with Serenity and am busting my hump to get that out at the end of June.  I am also working on the sequel to a military romance I wrote under another my other name (Connie Michael)  and I have two more New Adult books in the wings, one having a Zombie theme and the other following a group of college friends.

Can you tell us in one sentence, why we should read your new book? Serenity is a bundle of emotional turmoil as two people deal with the lives they've been given while trying to start a new one they don’t think they deserve.

What would be the best piece of advice you would offer a new author? Write because you have to.  Because there is a story in you that needs to come out.  Don’t get caught up in reviews or other people’s critiques.  Write what you have a heart for.  But also…be a supporter of your fellow authors and never burn bridges.

How can readers find you & where can they purchase your books? My blog avaoshayromance.blogspot.com  has many updates and readers can sign up for my newsletter where I post deleted chapters and alternate POV scenes.   My Facebook author page www.facebook.com/pages/Ava-OShay/1401273226752376  and my personal page where readers are always welcome www.facebook.com/ava.oshay

My books are on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
www.amazon.com/Entrusted-Ava-OShay-ebook/dp/B00KBYESQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402245847&sr=8-1&keywords=ava+o%27shay

www.amazon.com/Main-Attraction-Ava-OShay/dp/1499760477/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402245847&sr=8-2&keywords=ava+o%27shay

I will be on a Barnes and Noble Summer Book tour in Washington State starting in June, the dates will be posted on my blog. 

Any final words? I love to interact with my readers.  I will respond to messages and really like hearing opinions and discussing story arcs.  I think most authors do…so don’t ever feel like we are not just normal lovers of books like everyone else.


About Serenity


All it takes is one moment for their lives to change forever.  One bad hit and a head injury destroys Jolin’s football dream and leaves him with a stutter.  Knocked from his pedestal he struggles to keep a hold on a popularity he isn’t sure he even wants.  When Serenity’s strung out mom returns, the money Serenity saved for her escape disappears.  To keep her life together, Serenity is forced to make a deal with the guy who wants to take Jolin’s spot on the top. With their futures in the balance can two people on opposite sides of the social circle find a common ground and help each other survive their present and heal from their past?


About Main Attraction

Jessica Hunter lost her heart and her husband at the same time. He died, and she discovered his infidelities, leaving her a shattered mess.
Five years later, Jessica still isn’t interested in a relationship. That is, until she meets sexy, lead actor Penn Jackson on the set of a popular tween movie—and her life gets turned upside down. Swept away by Penn’s carefree attitude, she lets him into her heart—and her bed—even though Penn warns her that being with him will change her life.

Penn’s warning doesn’t mean much to her. But when his publicist begins a campaign to get rid of her, and a trip to the emergency room turns into a tabloid explosion, she doesn’t just lose her anonymity, but also her job. Now, Jessica will have to choose between the man she loves and the life she’s always known



No comments:

Post a Comment