Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meet Kennedee Devoe


Today, I introduce you to Kennedee Devoe. Kennedee is a very humble and down to earth person. I hope after learning more about Kennedee you’ll run over to Amazon or her website and purchase her book.

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? I hold an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Studies, a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, and a Masters Degree in Human Services. I have worked for a variety of Parks and Recreations Departments, for-profits, and non-profits agencies. I currently work in the nonprofit sector as a Program Director.

Tell us about your current book. Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Right…It Makes Us Even is about a true life story. The title identifies how I was living my life at the time. I was trying to even the score with the men who had wronged me in relationships. In the midst of all the drama I learn a lot of life lessons.  

What do you do when you are not writing? I’ve been bowling since I was 7 years old. I would say I’m pretty good my average is 220. I’m also a mentor, and a party planner. I keep myself pretty busy.

When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? I started writing poetry in high school. I also was the editor for my high school newspaper. It took me 4 years to write the book, because I was going to school for my master’s program while working a full time job.

How did you choose the genre you write in and what’s the genre? I decided on fiction even though it is an autobiography/memoir. I labeled the book as fiction to target a larger audience because the average Joe is totally clueless about Kennedee Devoe.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? Chapter 12 and 15 are my favorite chapters, because those signify turning points in my life.

Do you write with an outline, or do you just write? No, I just write when my thoughts start coming. I go back in later to make changes in order for everything to flow together.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? The most criticism that I have received is that people dumbfounded that I put my life out there for other to people to judge. Some people just can’t understand why I would do that. What has been the best compliment? That people see themselves in the book and the stories are relatable.

Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with? Not at this time. I’m on to my next project writing about my friendships I've acquired over the years the last 25 years. 

Do you have any upcoming events that you’ll like your readers to know? I will be coming to Newport News, Virginia on March 16, 2013 to discuss The Balance Between Men & Women at the Mulberry Inn. I have a book signing in my hometown of Carson, CA on March 23. I will be at the Las Vegas Jazz festival in April, and I have a lot more things coming up. I am very excited about all these new opportunities.

How can readers contact you?

I like to throw in one wacky question. J
Do you get road rage? Oh yes!!! My hand stays on the horn several times during the day. What pisses you off the most about other drivers? Letting everyone in front of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment