Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chatting it up with Alexis J


I’m very excited about this interview. I don’t know who’s more excited, Alexis J or me. I’m very proud of her. How many ten year olds do you know who has written a book and had it published? Not many at all.




About the book
Eleven-year-old Bailey Baxter and her friends, Camilla and Aaliyah, are best friends who have formed the ABC Club, ABC being the first letters of their names. Bailey has always been known as the nice girl in school . . . that is until she develops a crush on schoolmate Josh Leroy. While trying to impress him, she takes on undesirable behaviors that disappoint her family, and could threaten her cherished friendships. Will Bailey come to her senses before it's too late, or will the pressure of being accepted cost her all that really matters, and damage the life of a fellow classmate in the process?

Release date: Today…12/12/12


Hi Alexis J, will you tell us a little about yourself? Well, I’m 10 years old and in the 5th grade. I LOVE to write, dance, sing, read, play soccer and hang out with my friends. Bailey and the Bully is my first book.

Yolanda: You’re very active and busy.

What or who inspired you to write Bailey and the Bully? My school always has assemblies about bullying and they raised my awareness about what a big problem it is. I’ve also seen some of my friends being bullied and I’m interested in the subject because I don’t like to see people sad. I want everyone to be nice to each other.

Yolanda: I love how you’re trying to raise awareness through Bailey and the Bully.

At 10 years old, how do you stay motivated to write? Since I read a lot, my imagination works really well. I think kids have an easier time using their imaginations than adults because they watch a lot of cartoons and things that are make-believe. It’s pretty easy for me to think of new ideas to write about. I also feel better when I write all of my ideas down. I’m always writing!

Yolanda: This is wonderful. You’re such a pro.

How does it feel to not only write but, have it published? It feels awesome! I’m proud of myself and when I first saw my printed book, I almost fainted!

Yolanda: I’m very proud of you as well. I know your family is extremely proud of you.

What are you currently reading? I’m currently reading the Tiger’s Curse book series.

Yolanda: I’m going to check out that series.

Who is your favorite author and why? My favorite author is Jeff Kinney. He wrote the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. He’s really funny and I relate to his characters a lot.

Yolanda: I have a few students who love that series as well.

What advice do you have for other kids who want to become an author? I would first of all say to them that they can do it! Just write all of your ideas down and take your time. Try not to get frustrated if you get writer’s block. If you have a goal to write a book, believe in yourself. And also get to know your characters really, really well.

Yolanda: Great advise, not only for kids but adults as well.

How can readers contact with you? Readers can go to my blog www.authoralexisj.blogspot.com to see what I’m doing and to purchase an autographed copy of Bailey and the Bully!

Yolanda: Great! Alexis J, thank you for taking time to sit down with me and chat a little. I wish you nothing but blessings after blessings. I know this is the beginning of many more books to come. Please visit Alexis’ blog page to purchase signed autographed copies of Bailey and The Bully. They make great Christmas gifts.

I’m giving away 2 copies of Bailey and the Bully. To qualify, children between the ages of 9-12 needs to email me at ylgore74@gmail.com (the can have their parents email me) and tell me why they would like a copy. Kids, you need to write at least a paragraph. Alexis J will help me pick the winners.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Alexis if you are looking at this right now then i would like to say that you have gone a long way to write this book, and you always will.
    -Kaylee Wells
    BFF

    ReplyDelete