Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Author Spotlight Part 2: Marian L Thomas

Today’s post is a continuation of yesterday’s Author Spotlight on Marian L. Thomas. I had the opportunity to interview her. Check it out.



1.       Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? I grew up in Oak Park, a suburb of Chicago. I love cats. Adore dogs and miss mine that died a year ago, badly. I'm married. My husband and I will be celebrating our 15 year anniversary this year.

2.      Tell us about Blue Butterfly? It's a book that was inspired by some of the greatest black ballerinas, such as Misty Copeland. In fact, reading their stories and coming to appreciate the struggle and journey of each of them, provided not only the back drop, but the foundation of Blue Butterfly.

3.      Which character was your favorite to write & why? Ray. I think he will be everyone's favorite. He pure. Meaning, his insides are filled with a genuineness that women look for.

4.      What do you do when you are not writing? I enjoy watching movies that make me laugh or cry. I can take a good action movie as well.

5.      How did you choose the genre you write in and what’s the genre? I write in the Contemporary Women's Fiction/Clean Fiction genre. Although, my books can land in the Christian Fiction genre, as well.

6.      Where do you get your ideas? From everywhere. It could be a movie, a town that I traveled in, a story that I read about. Inspiration is all around us, we just have to tap into it.

7.      Do you write with an outline, or do you just write? No outline. I prefer to just sit down at my computer and try to force my brain to work in a creative way. It doesn't always work, but, I try to make it.

8.      What are some day jobs that you have held?  If any of them impacted your writing, share an example. Most of the jobs that I have held (IT related or Media related) involve some form of writing.

9.      Are you currently working on anything new? A children's book. Never thought I would, but, it should be out by the winter.

10.   How can readers contact you? My website is always the best way to connect with me. There readers can email me, check out my book trailers, read about new books that I'm working on and more.

I like to throw in one wacky question. 

  1. Do you go out of your way to kill bugs? Are there any that make you screech and hide? I will go to the ends of the room to kill a bug! I can't stand spiders. If I know that one is in the room, I can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment