Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Love After War by Cheris Hodges...Available Nationwide Today


Publisher: Kensington-Imprint: Dafina
Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Genre: Fiction-Romance
ISBN-13: 978-0-7582-7662-9
Price: $6.99 
I’m super excited today. My sis from another mother, Cheris Hodges’ new book, Love After War hits the shelves nationwide today. If you love reading romance novels, well you need to add this book to list of must reads. Even if you don’t like reading romance novels, you’ll still enjoy Love After War. Of course we know how romance novels end, but what we don’t know is what it takes for them to get to happily ever after in the end. The way Cheris weaves her stories are simply amazing. I’m always getting lost in the pages. Take a few minutes to read the letter from the main character, Dana Singleton, and you’ll see what I mean.

From the desk of Dana Singleton:

                All I wanted was a cup of coffee when I walked into the LA Starbucks. I didn't want to take a trip down bad memory lane. But that is just what happened when the lights went out and I saw his face.

Adrian Bryant.

Have you ever had an ex that you just couldn't get over — no matter how hard you tried? I moved back to New York. Three-thousand miles and a whole other time zone away. I didn't hear from Adrian. I took photographs, I was published in some of the nation's best magazines. But one favor to my dearest friend, Imani Gulliam-Thomas (you remember her, right? Went on a reality show, met and married the man of her dreams? Too Hot For TV.) and I'm back in the clutches of a man who dumped me via text message.

Why didn't I resist his kiss? Why did he break my heart? Will I be able to forgive him or should I forgive him? We're talking a dear John letter in 160 characters or less. I don't want to be the same fool twice, but his kiss took me to another place. Still, I feel as if he's hiding something else from me. . .

So, what is Dana going to do? Find out in Love After War, in stores now!

When club owner Adrian Bryant discovers his biological father is hotel magnate Elliot Crawford, his life unravels. Shunned by Crawford while he and his mother struggled, Adrian hatches a high-profile plan to destroy the Crawford name--and the reputations of his two half-brothers. But to shield the woman he loves from the hell he intends to unleash, Adrian has to let her go.

Photographer Dana Singleton is heartbroken and confused by Adrian's behavior. But just when she's given up on their relationship, she begins to discover the truth--and a dark side of Adrian she never knew existed. As the stakes get higher, she will have to ask herself if she can love a man who is capable of such vengeance--or if he can learn to forgive...

You can purchase a copy by clicking the links below.


Cheris Hodges was bitten by the writing bug at an early age and always knew she wanted to be a writer. She is a 1999 graduate of Johnson C. Smith University and a staff writer at Creative Loafing magazine in Charlotte, North Carolina. A native of Bennettsville, South Carolina, Cheris loves hearing from her readers. 

Readers can find Cheris online:
Twitter: @CherisHodges

No comments:

Post a Comment