Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Friday, March 29, 2013

Temptation Review



Today is the release of Temptation, Confessions of a Marriage Counselor by Tyler Perry. This is an explosive romance about forbidden desires.

I will admit that I was a little hesitant when I first heard that Tyler was turning another stage play into a movie. Why? Tyler has a hard time portraying a character other than his Madea. Let me explain that. In Why Did I Get Married…the argument that he and his wife had in the truck. His voice was completely Madea. So, I really didn’t want to hear that voice seep out. It’s really throws a monkey wrench in the storyline. Some may not have noticed and don’t really care. But, I did and I do.

Ok, enough about that. Let me get back to the point of this post…my review.

Other than the fact that Brandy’s bangs were an eye sore because of the unevenness and Kim K needing more acting classes (but, she did a good job), I really enjoyed it. The twist was very predictable. I picked up on immediately. Lance Goss can play the part of a crying young man to a tee. I really hope he gets more acting jobs where we’re able to see him playing a different role. Jurnee Smollett-Bell did a great job! Her character, Judith, who’s based on Judas, was every bit Judas. I had a thought at the beginning and it was confirmed at the end. If I had to decide which bare chest I loved better, Lance Goss or Robbie Jones, I have to go with Lance’s. Now, that’s my own personal opinion. As usual Vanessa Williams was Vanessa Williams. She knocked it out. There’s a scene between her and Jurnee Smollett-Bell when I hollered. I was glad to see Ella Joyce back in the game. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen her. RenĂ©e Taylor, who many may remember as Sylvia Fine from The Nanny was hilarious! Both men and women, because this story could have very well been Lance Goss being tempted, need to watch so that they’re reminded of what they need to do to keep their spouse happy. When they’re not happy at home, things look great to them. But, we know that everything that looks good isn’t. Don’t get caught up with some forbidden fruit. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Temptation. I give it a strong B+/A-. 

No comments:

Post a Comment