Net Galley Reviewer

Professional Reader

Monday, December 26, 2011

Spotlighting Pat Tucker


Today, I'm spotlighting Pat Tucker. By day, Pat Tucker Wilson works as a radio news director in Houston, TX. By night, she is a talented writer with a knack for telling page-turning stories. A former television news reporter, she draws on her background to craft stories readers will love. With more than 15 years of media experience, the award-winning broadcast journalist has worked as a reporter for ABC, NBC and Fox affiliate TV stations and Radio stations in California and Texas. She also co-hosts the literary talk show, From Cover to Cover. Pat has wowed editors with her ability to turn out five to ten thousand words a day. But it's not just quantity that has Pat at the top of her game. The quality of her stories is what keeps the readers coming back. A much sought-after ghost writer, Pat gets her greatest joy in creating her own stories. She is the author of six novels and has participated in three anthologies, including Zane’s New York Times Bestseller, Caramel Flava.

A graduate of San Jose State University, Pat is a member of the National and Houston Association of Black Journalists and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. She is married with two children. 




Not only do you write under the name Pat Tucker, you also have a couple pseudonyms. Tell us the names of all your books.

In addition to Pat Tucker, I write under the pen name PL Wilson (ebooks-The Holy Hustler & Sweetwater Sinners and Bible Thumpers-Dec. 2011)

     
Tricia Tucker 
I write for Ravenous Romance-these are erotic Romance stories-Hip Hop Heat, Gold Diggers, and the Big O.



Pat Tucker
Football Widows-Daddy by Default  The Hook Up, Infidelity, Led Astray, Proceed with Caution. Short stories-Closet Freak (Caramel Flava-Zane's NY Times bestseller) Armed & Dangerous (Around the way girls 3) The Night I fell in Love (Summer Breeze) 




Rikki Dixon

Try Me


How did you come up with the story, Football Widows?

I am a Football Widow myself being the wife of a high school head football coach, however, this story is Fiction! This story is the product of my vivid imagination. Because I know how men are so obsessed and focused on sports during the season, I decided to allow readers to peek into the lives of NFL wives during the Season of a ficticous NFL team. I enjoyed writing this book and hope readers enjoy the story.


Out of all your books, which was your favorite to write and why?  Daddy By Default was one of my proudest accomplishments. I was able to both educate and entertain readers with that book. A reader told me she felt like every man should read that book, and I agree. It was fiction, but based on Facts. And the fact is, the problem of Paternity Fraud is growing at a rapid rate. Many Men and Father's rights groups are teaming up to change the laws across this country. And while there are those cases where a woman isn't maliciously pointing the finger at the wrong man, in some cases that's exactly what happens and these groups say they're fed up. They want the laws changed and in cases where Fraud is proven, they want the women held responsible the same way the men are. Can you tell, you don't even want to get me started on this topic! LOL. Also, we are finally in serious talks with a company about a movie based on the novel, and the sequel 'You are NOT the Father!' drops November 2012!!!!


If you could collaborate with any author, who would it be and why? I would LOVE to write a book with Alisha Yvonne, Daaimah S. Poole and Kwan! I think Alisha is a great storyteller.  I enjoy every single story Daaimah writes and think we would make an awesome team. I love Kwan's writing style and I appreciate the fact that he's such a profound wordsmith, meaning he cares about the craft or writing and really takes readers on an incredible ride. Unfortunately they don't feel the same way about me! LOL


When did you know that writing was what you wanted to do? Ive been writing for the majority of my life. I knew from a very early age that I was meant to be a storyteller. So I've made my passion for reading and writing my career both as a journalist and as an author.


Tell my followers something about yourself that they would be surprised to know/your hobbies. How much time do we have? LOL Well, I'm obsessed with miniature things. I'm not sure why but I will spend too much money on miniature bottles of mouthwash, lotions, body oils, anything that's small. I'm not sure why, it's strange, but for some reason I fall in love with miniature items.


What is one tip you would give to those who are trying to write their 1st book? The most important piece of advice I'd pass along to writers is to KEEP WRITING and Reading! You won't finish the book if you don't write, and in my opinion, the best writers are those who read!


How can readers contact you? I am all over social media networks-Facebook/pattucker twitter/authorpattucker Facebook/plwilson-Reader pages: Facebook/authorpattuckerreaders Facebook/minglewithpattucker www.authorpattucker.com

Thank you Pat for stopping by. I'm sure my readers have enjoyed learning more about Pat Tucker.





No comments:

Post a Comment